Opportunity: Terms of Reference, Administrative & Finance Officer at The Purple Foundation
About The Purple Foundation
The Purple Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to empowering the girl child through improved education, learning and character development with the aim of enhancing their future opportunities.
The Finance/Administrative Officer is responsible for maintaining day to day financial, accounting, administrative and personnel services in order to meet regulatory requirements and support Purple Foundation’s operations.
- Must have a degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Management or other related fields
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role in a not-for-profit with 3-4 years’ experience in financial management, administration, and payroll management;
- Should be resident in Lagos State, Nigeria.
- Maintain the accounts payable and accounts receivable systems in order to ensure complete and accurate records of all transactions;
- Analyse and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner;
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting;
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants;
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales;
- Monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status;
- Clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements;
- Collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments;
- Oversee all financial, project/program, and grants accounting;
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process;
- Liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors;
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process;
- Ensure compliance with Foundation policies and procedures and legal requirements;
- Administer and review all financial plans and budgets;
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the Board of Trustees;
- Providing project logistical support as required.
The selected candidate will be expected to devote his/her full time to this employment and expend best efforts on behalf of the organization.
- Understanding and Proficiency in computer accounting packages
- High level oral and written skill
- Strong interpersonal and skill
- Strong planning, analytical, numeric, and evaluation skill· Dedication to continual development
- Must be a good team player and leader
- High sense of confidentiality
- Must be proactive and be able to act without supervision
Send a cover letter describing your interest in the position and your resume/CV to [email protected]
Application should include:
- An application/cover letter clearly indicating the position applied for
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) clearly indicating requirements referred to above
Closing Date: November 27, 2020